Friday, December 10, 2010

Do You Feel Me?

Shihan, a def poet, has a 5 part poem titled, This Type Love, and most are familiar with the last part. Saying that I absolutely love that poem, wouldn't do justice. Since imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, I've concocted my own 'Type Love"

This Friday, I want send you off with a smile and l hopefully love in your heart.

I want that, I love being in love because you make it so easy, type love
That 1000 kisses is never enough, type love
That too much love is just the beginning, type love
Who needs a dream when I have you as my reality, type love
That type of love that no one really understands and that's what makes it so special

The yes, I've got a man that's so good to me, type love
The words can't describe ::: speechless:: love
The, thank God he didn't listen to what I thought I wanted and gave me what I can't do without, type love
That calms every insecurity, washes away all of your fears, love
That, no matter what song I may write about a bad man, they know I'm not talking about him, type love
The always by my side through thick and thin, Bonnie and Clyde, type love
It's our first Thanksgiving, I can't really cook, and you ate two plates, type love

The, even though I'm not Halle or Beyonce,
I'm the one you dream about every night, type love
The, I'm your brown sugar and all's fair in love and basketball, and you ALWAYS let me win, type love
The, sometimes you just can't help but say, " That's my baby", type love
More in awe when I've applied myself and made up my mind than you are when I've applied make up to my face

The, yes, I've had a bad day and I don't want to talk to anyone
But you kiss me on the forehead and tell me you're here and everything will be alright, type love
That sometimes, every song does apply to us, type love
Half notes scattered, no rhythm, no tune, but we dance the night away like nobody's watching,
Though everyone is admiring, type love
That I want to sing songs and write poetry about that type love, type love
Until I find that type love, I'll be in love with being in love,
With that,
Type love

See you Monday!

Smoochis :*
KK

2 comments:

  1. I want that type of love too!

    Well written KK :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's my fave poet. I ALMOST got him to the valley. But couldn't. :(

    ReplyDelete