Thursday, December 16, 2010

On My Radio

Music gets me through everything. When I want to be angry, I can find the right song. when I want to be happy, I scroll right to a particular artist. Music elicits emotions I never knew existed I don't know where I would be without a tune in my head or a song in my heart. If you've noticed, every post was the title of a song ( *light bulb* Aha! )

The below poem is a poem I wrote some time ago. I guess it's my ode to music. Enjoy!

I have this Groove Theory that if we Xscape, I can show you some TLC.
I've made Keith Sweat and Stevie Wonder, but I've never turned Boyz II Men.
B-Legit, show me your Babyface,
While we Busta Rhymes and keep it N'Sync.
Cherish the moments we share and have Common Sense to know that I am Destiny's Child; 
You were brought to me for a reason.
We don't need to go through the Dramatics, 
Just be in tune and En Vogue with me and have Faith.
Evans was Fat, Joe was Ginuwine, but not of them are like you.
Meet me in H-Town around that Jagged Edge and I will Usher you through Madison Park.
We will relax and Max-well while we listen to the Musiq of Miles Davis.
Keep me heart in Mint Condition as we enter this New Edition of our lives.
No time for an Ol' Dirty Bastard or Outkast cuz I'll bring The Pack.
So Pharrell, pour the Remy and add the Salt 'n' Peppa.
I'll give you one T.I.P.:
I know Tony, Toni, Tone and I'm down with the Three 6 Mafia,
We can make you an Unknown Artist.

Smoochis :-*
KK

2 comments: